Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: June 30, 2021
Use of TextGrid Services is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy, or “AUP”. This AUP is incorporated by reference into the Terms of Service or other similar written agreement between you and TextGrid, Inc (“TextGrid”).
You agree to use the TextGrid Website (as located at https://www.TextGrid.com, https://console.TextGrid.com) and TextGrid Cloud (collectively, the “Services”) only for lawful purposes and that you are responsible for your use of and communications and content you post via the TextGrid Cloud. You agree not to use the Services to offer any hardware or hardware/software combination of services for any unlawful purposes. You agree not to post on or transmit through this Website or the TextGrid Cloud any unlawful, infringing, threatening, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent, offensive, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including any material that encourages criminal conduct or conduct that would give rise to civil liability, infringes others’ intellectual property rights or otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law. You agree not to use this Website or TextGrid Cloud in any manner that interferes with its normal operation or with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Website or the TextGrid Cloud.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the TextGrid Cloud: (i) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the TextGrid Cloud, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers; (ii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) access or search or attempt to access or search the TextGrid Cloud by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by us (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us; (iv) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; or (v) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the TextGrid Cloud or Website, or by scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the TextGrid Cloud or Website. Additionally, the following list gives examples of illegal, abusive, interfering or otherwise unacceptable or inappropriate behavior while using the Website or the TextGrid Cloud.
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or using the Services in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to TextGrid, to any user of our Services, or to any of our or their respective customers.
- Testing or reverse-engineering the Services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities.
- Using the Services in any manner that may subject TextGrid or any third party to liability, damages or danger.
- Using the Services in any manner that violates any applicable third party policies or requirements that TextGrid has communicated to you.
- Using the Services in any manner that violates the Mobile Marketing Association guidelines and/or best practices, carrier guidelines, or any other industry standards.
- Engaging in fraud with respect to your account, including using any caller ID functionality of the Services to misrepresent the identity of a caller.
- Using your account to engage in fraudulent activity with respect to third parties or otherwise using your account to bypass phone identification systems such as those by classified advertising websites.
- Using any of the TextGrid Properties or TextGrid Marks other than as expressly permitted.
- Transmitting any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright or rights of publicity or otherwise violating, infringing, or misappropriating the rights of any third party.
- Engaging in spamming or other unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spamming laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act.
- Using the Services in connection with any unsolicited or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise) including but not limited to unsolicited or unwanted phone calls SMS or text messages, voice mail, or faxes.
- Using TextGrid SMS in a manner that is not designed to enhance or augment the person-to-person nature of SMS communications.
- Offering services that allow a user to connect with emergency services personnel or public safety answering points such as 911 or E911 services, unless specifically paid for and activated by TextGrid.
- Promoting or engaging in illegal activities.
- Engaging in activities or transmitting through the Services any information that may be libelous or defamatory or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses or phone numbers, from TextGrid’s website without their express consent.
- Creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call using Your account.
- Violating or facilitating the violation of any U.S. or foreign law regarding the transmission of technical data or software, or the recording of telephone calls.
- Interfering with or disrupting networks connected to the Services or violating the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Improperly engaging in activity for which the United States Federal Communications Commission has restricted or regulated with regard to proper use of the public telephony network.
- Using the Services, or a component of the Services, in a manner not authorized by TextGrid.
- Using the Services for any activity that involves or is related to narcotics, cannabis, steroids, or other controlled substances, drug paraphernalia, ammunition, firearms, adult-oriented content, or services.
- Using the Services, to make calls or send messages that require an opt-in that was not obtained, which does not respect mobile subscribers opt-out requests or does not contain proper age gating in accordance with the industry standards and applicable law. Users will provide clear with clear opt-in and opt-out mechanisms as mandated by messaging industry standards and applicable law.
- Users will not use the Services for auto-dialing or predictive-dialing (sometimes referred to as “robo-dialing”). Where a call is suspected to be a robo-dial, you and your end-users agree to participate in and comply with traceback efforts, including disclosure of any third-party end users to any requesting traceback authority. Users agree to fully cooperate with TextGrid and address and cure any call recipient complaints related to robocalling within 3 days. Users agree to segregate voice traffic that does not comply with these requirements.
Any violation of this AUP, as determined by TextGrid, in its sole discretion, can result in the termination and/or suspension of the Services and you will be responsible for any fines, penalties, or surcharges imposed on TextGrid by any telecommunications operator, government or regulatory authority resulting from your Users violation of this AUP.